Thursday, April 06, 2006

Home Again, Home Again...


Well after a breezy 24 hours (!) of international air travel, here I am back in Olde Melbourne Towne.

So nice to be able to meander down the road and have a decent cup of coffe. Quite seriously, I'm not surprised that the world is in such turmoil when the coffee at the UN cafeteria is THAT bad. Blerrghh!

I have decided fairly hastily and in a moment of temporary insanity to change my thesis topic. I'm going to write about the UN stuff (probably teasing out a lot of the questions / issues set out below), instead of Duty of Care in immigration detention. Which is a bit of a pity from one perspective, but I feel like I have a pressing duty to write about the UN! It's been occupying an amazing amount of my headspace recently, and from talking to some people I've confirmed my suspicions that there's been almost nothing written about it in Australia. So there we go. I've already spoken to my supervisor about it, and we've got approval from the Honours co-ordinator, so it's all systems go.

OK well I gotta dash.

Cheers

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Electric Toothbrush