Friday, March 17, 2006

End of our first week


Well I'm typing this on the wireless network in the Serpent Cafe in the Palais des Nations. We've just come out of our Western Group meeting where the President said that the current situation is: a minimum session of 2 days, a MAXIMUM session of THREE DAYS! Ha! Crazy. I had a chat to the Swiss representative this afternoon, and asked him to explain further his country's position on various aspects of the debate. I think he has a lot of good points, but I guess they could be seen as putting rather a lot of credence in the immediate efficacity of the jurisdiction of the UN on matters relating to Human Rights, so I guess he's not really being listened to all that much by some other countries. It's a shame. Ha that was all very opaque. Sorry. I just don't know if I'm allowed to say anything more!

It's the weekend tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm going to do! Hopefully will find something!

Jess x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Electric Toothbrush